In looking at other JPL blog entries, I got the idea of looking at Flickr for images of somewhere I lived while growing up. In this case Albany, Oregon. I found some amazing photographs by Barb Henry, who lives in Albany and has a large repoitoire of photos of the area posted to Flickr.
I loved living in Albany as a kid. There were lots of open spaces for kids to explore, it was a small town, beautiful countryside and living there for eight years gave me many memories I cherish.
Some of the best are my visual memories of the Oregon landscape. This photo vividly brings my memories back--the brilliant green fir trees with a backdrop of the ubiquitous overcast Pacific Northwest sky. Sounds a bit dreary, but if you could see into my mind's eye you would find it really isn't dreary at all. I wish I could paint to bring some of my "mind's eye" pictures to life!
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Tree Line
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment